Canadian and American golf group and corporate tournament organizers: we’ve been waiting for this moment.
Early indicators show that the slowly recovering economy has given group coordinators confidence to use golf as a tool to reward employees, plan charity golf events, or gather the guys and gals for a family reunion in 2013.
But what do you know about Canadian Rockies Golf? We’ve got your answers here. Have a question for us? Post it below, and we’ll respond quickly.
Facts and Figures about Canadian Rockies Golf:
- Number of Golf Courses in the Canadian Rockies Golf Consortia: 7 18-hole courses, plus a 9-hole layout.
- What are the names of the Alberta-based golf courses in the group?
- Canmore Golf & Curling Club
- The Fairmont Banff Springs
- The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
- Kananaskis Country Golf Course (both Mt. Kidd and Mt. Lorette courses)
- Silvertip Resort
- Stewart Creek Golf & Country Club
- What is the CRG Website? http://www.canadianrockiesgolf.net
- Total Number of Golf Holes: 135
- Location? All courses are in Western Alberta – Banff, Jasper, Canmore and Kananaskis Country. In Banff, there are one 18-hole and one 9-hole courses, in Jasper, one 18-hole course; both are located within national parks. Three 18-hole layouts (Canmore Golf & Curling Club, Silvertip Resort and Stewart Creek) are located in Canmore; two are in Kananaskis Country (Mt. Kidd and Mt. Lorette)
- Practice Facilities: All Canadian Rockies Golf courses have practice facilities.
- Food and Beverage: All Canadian Rockies Golf courses have banquet coordinators, food and beverage onsite and group gathering spots within their respective clubhouses and facilities. All courses offer dining at their respective clubhouses, ranging from snack bars to award-winning steakhouses.
- Golf Season: Typically, Canadian Rockies Golf courses open in late April and close around October 10, based on weather conditions.
- What sets Canadian Rockies Golf apart? Canadian Rockies Golf courses have joined forces because they offer unparalleled natural beauty, surrounded by the majestic Canadian Rockies with views of Mt. Rundle, the Three Sisters mountain range, glacial ponds, the gently flowing Bow, Athabasca and Kananaskis rivers, and abundant wildlife. It is not uncommon to see elk, deer and other animals on the golf course during a round, creating a memorable experience. Long summer days can include a 6 am sunrise and 10 pm sunset, giving golfers time to complete 36 holes or more easily. Historic resort properties combine with new golf courses, offering variety of playing experiences for all skill levels.
- Nearest Airport: Calgary International Airport is the closest airport, serviced by most major air carriers and is within easy driving distance from most of our partner courses. Edmonton International Airport is within four hours of The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge.
- Accommodations Partners: Canadian Rockies Golf has preferred working relationships and exclusive rates with The Fairmont Banff Springs; The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge; Delta Lodge at Kananaskis; and three locations in or near Canmore: Stoneridge Mountain Resort, CopperStone Resort, and Falcon Crest Lodge.
- Preferred Booking Agent: Canadian Rockies Golf works with Golf Canada’s West, a premier packager located in Canmore. GCW can book accommodations, golf, ground transportation and outdoor adventure components such as rafting, heli-tours, horseback riding, spa and other activities in house for groups up to 24 people, and can provide direct contacts to individual properties for larger groups, and corporate outings.
- What’s the maximum number of golfers that can be accommodated by Canadian Rockies Golf? With seven courses – six located within 45 minutes of each other – and related hotels, we can easily handle more than 800 golfers and guests, given ample planning time.
- How far in advance should I plan my golf trip or outing? While availability exists for small groups as close as a month to your arrival date, we suggest a minimum three-month planning period. Larger groups may take six months to over a year, depending on timing and services requested.
- Do all golf courses offer tournament and group services? Yes. Services vary by course, but basic provisions – group signage, cart staging, bag storage, group scorecards, clinics and pairing – can be requested at any of our locations.
- Do all courses offer meeting facilities? Yes, although capacity varies by golf course, from an intimate 12-person dinner to a 1,000-person banquet. Ask us for details.
- Can we afford you? With such natural beauty, many believe a trip to the Canadian Rockies is simply beyond their budget. But the Canadian Rockies Golf group prides itself in offering competitive rates, starting at $174 per person for golf and accommodations, per night. Group discounts are also available at most locations. For our American friends, the Canadian dollar is nearly on par with the U.S. Dollar as of this writing.
Have a question? Post it here or call us at 877-323-3633.
Stay tuned next week for an exclusive Q&A session with Canadian Rockies Golf pros on how to plan the perfect group outing, tournament or event.