The days are already getting longer and warmer in the Canadian Rockies in Western Alberta – can you feel it?
|Bing Crosby at
The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
We’re gearing up with a few good pieces of news to share:
- GOLF Magazine has named both The Fairmont Banff Springs and The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge to its Gold Resorts List – an elite cadre of 25 offering the best golf experiences in North America. This comes after being named to Golf Digest’s Top 75 Resorts late last year. Don’t take their word for it – come visit!
- The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge will celebrate a 90th birthday this year; Kananaskis Country will celebrate its 30th. There are great anniversary specials to share. What’s your favorite moment at each location?
- We have new package offerings for 2012: and they tie in what you love most: The Centennial of the Calgary Stampede, golf and fishing, and golf-til-you-drop opportunities.
Now’s the time to plan a trip – most courses will open in May, and have already opened their tee sheets. We can book your vacation now, and include a rental car and greeter service to walk you through the process.
Take a look at what we have in store:
(ALBERTA, CANADA) – Canadian Rockies Golf – a group of best-in-Canada courses and resorts located in central Alberta – today unveiled its 2012 signature golf packages, including a 144-hole, five-day golf extravaganza, or a relaxed golf-and-fly fishing or spa trip, beginning this May.
Golf vacation experiences in Banff, Jasper, Canmore and Kananaskis Country are included in the group’s varied offering, with rates starting at $174 CAD per person, per night.
Here are five travel picks worth trying:
• 15-hour Daylight Golf Marathon: Visit the Canadian Rockies near the Summer Solstice, and expect the sun to rise at 7 am and fall around 10 pm daily – making 36 holes a day not only manageable, but easy. Try the Iron Man Golf Package, including eight rounds and five night’s stay, starting at $1,439 CAD per person. You might actually fit in three full rounds with this much sun.
• Canmore and the Calgary Stampede: The famed Calgary Stampede will celebrate its Centennial in early July. Enjoy the popular Chuckwagon Races and then drive a quick hour west to the hip and fresh Canmore, playing the meaty Silvertip or Stewart Creek mountain courses with the laid-back Canmore Golf & Curling Club. May Canmore packages start at $174 CAD per person, for a round and an overnight stay.
• Drive and Fly (Fishing, That is): Golfers and anglers will love the Pins and Fins package, combining two days of golf with a full-day fly-fishing excursion with guide and equipment included. Stay four nights, starting at $979 CAD per person.
• Celebrate our Birthdays: Two courses are celebrating birthdays in 2012:
o Visit in May 11-17 to celebrate Kananaskis Country’s 30th Anniversary and enjoy $20 rounds (a flashback from 1983). This Canadian Golf Package starts at $249 CAD/ for two nights and two rounds.
o The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge is celebrating their 90th Anniversary with their Jasper Great Golf Getaway, including three nights, two rounds, golf lessons, private Scotch tasting, fly fishing and lakeside barbecue, starting at $3,125 CAD per person.
• GOLF Magazine Gold Resorts: The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge and The Fairmont Banff Springs were named 2012 Gold Resorts by GOLF Magazine, and Golf Digest’s 75 Top Golf Resorts in late 2011. Stay and play both, and enjoy a bonus night at The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, through the Fairmont Classic Golf Package, a seven-day excursion through both National Parks and the famed Icefields Parkway. May rates start at $1469 CAD per person.
All packages can be booked through https://canadianrockiesgolf.ca/ and include all taxes, gratuities and service charges were applicable. Packages can be customized through the online portal, offering preferred hotel, auto, golf and adventure rates in the Canadian Rockies. rates shown above are based on double occupancy, in Canadian dollars.
We look forward to seeing you soon!