As our fingers itch to grab a golf club, it’s time to start planning your annual golf trip.
The Canadian Rockies Golf destination is not a hard sell – who wouldn’t want to play amid the towering Alberta mountains, playing historic courses when the days are long and the ball goes farther than you imagined?
Planning your trip is easier than you think. We’ve included some tips below:
1) Getting there – a direct flight away.
Many don’t know that Calgary International Airport is only a flight away from most major U.S. airports. Here’s a list of air carriers with direct flights from select cities:
- Air Canada: direct flights from New York City, Houston, Los Angeles, Las Vegas
- West Jet: direct from Orlando, Honolulu, Toronto, Vancouver
- United: direct from San Francisco (for Star Alliance members)
- US Airways: direct from Phoenix
- Delta: direct from Minneapolis
2) Pick your time frame
- Daylight can last 15 hours in late June through mid August (play 36 or more in one day!)
- Temperatures are favorable between mid June and October 1 in beating the summer heat
- Like fall color? September to early October are your best bets.
3) Pick a package – or make your own.
We recommend you choose one of our signature Canadian Rockies Golf experiences if you’re traveling for the first time. It takes the mystery work out of routing, giving you more time to enjoy a sampling from the destination. Here are a few worth considering:
• Fairmont Golf and Spa: Enjoy 4 nights and 2 rounds, plus a treatment at The Fairmont Banff Spring’s famed Willow Stream spa, starting at $949 per person. Ask about trips to The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, as well.
• Pins and Fins: Enjoy four nights, 2 rounds, plus a full-day fly-fishing excursion
See the complete list of packages, or customize your experience here: https://canadianrockiesgolf.ca/u/packages.phtml
4. Call Golf Canada’s West – Our Official Packager
No matter what time you visit, we suggest at least five days in this beautiful destination.
There’s never been a better time to visit. Call us today at 877.323.3633.
Canadian Rockies Golf