The 100th running of the Calgary Stampede is only two days away – and all of Alberta is excited to showcase the province in its glory.
If you’re visiting the Canadian Rockies in the next two weeks, you’re most likely flying into Calgary International, not far from the Stampede fairgrounds. See http://www.calgarystampede.com for complete information.
Our top 5 things to enjoy:
1) The Chucks: Chuckwagon races are the most popular activity at the Stampede. Don’t miss them.
2) The Music: Several stages host big-name talent. Garth Brooks, Brad Paisley and the Band Perry headline a list of performers you’ll see at the Stampede.
3) Those (addictive) Little Donuts: You can’t miss the vendors that sell them through the Midway. Hot, sugary and soft, they’ll melt in your mouth.
4) Downtown Calgary: take time to experience the energy away from the main action, and walk the streets of downtown Calgary, enjoy local restaurants, and count cowboy hats.
5) Go West: A trip to Alberta is not complete without playing golf. See http://www.canadianrockiesgolf.net for Canadian overnight golf packages that start under $200 Canadian through July. Canmore and Kananaskis Country and Banff are a quick drive away from the Stampede.