While our golf courses await the coming spring, we can only be thankful for a fantastic 2010 in the Canadian Rockies.
Here are a few highlights from our year:
• Canadian Rockies Golf is the Best: awards from GOLF Magazine, and SCORE Golf gave our courses top ratings this year based on the quality of course conditioning, the playing experience and value. We couldn’t be prouder.
• Our people are our best asset: two of our pro – Bob Paley of Kananaskis Country Golf Course and Alan Carter of The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge – were given Professional of the Year awards from the Canadian PGA and Alberta Golf organizations, respectively, for their exemplary leadership. We also added two top-notch professionals to our golf-destination team – Alan Palmer at The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, and Travis Mann at Silvertip.
• The Golf Lifestyle is at its best here: Silvertip’s Rustica Steakhouse won a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, and Canmore Golf & Curling Club was voted Best Deck in the region (a great place to try an Alberta local brew and drink in the intoxicating mountain views surrounding the valley). Combine it with incredible hiking, rafting, and other pursuits, and you have more than just a few rounds of golf in your next vacation.
• We don’t rest on our laurels: The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge added a new spa and upgraded its promenade this year. Canmore Golf & Curling Club received a grant to update its golf course. We’re constantly evolving and offering more and better service, conditions, values and options.
• We’re Natural: Banff National Park celebrated its 125th Anniversary this year, we are lucky to have courses that welcome wildlife and allow you to see pristine nature at its finest from our fairways. Virtually no golf destinations can boast the wealthy combination of unspoiled beauty, wildlife and in-season weather – Canadian Rockies: Historic. Dramatic. Untamed.
Thanks for visiting us this year, and make sure to start planning now for 2011. Start by viewing our website for packages at https://canadianrockiesgolf.ca/
See below for links to all of our partners, along with a few short-term offers:
Canmore Golf & Curling Club
Offer the gift of golf year-round!
Fairmont Banff Springs
Don’t forget to see their Holiday brochure for all activities!
Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
Don’t miss the Jasper in January Celebration!
Kananaskis Country Golf Course
How many times will you play Mt. Kidd and Mt. Lorette in the New Year?
Check out 2011 Prepaid Rounds – now on sale for $125! Some restrictions apply. Call 877-877-5544 for details.
Stewart Creek Golf Club
Gearing up for a fantastic 2011 golf season!
A safe and happy holiday to you and yours.
The Canadian Rockies Golf Consortia