We hope you are…because every month we’re delivering news and special offers for Canadian Rockies Golf destinations. If you’re not, now’s the time! Click here to enter: https://canadianrockiesgolf.ca/newsletter.html
Congratulations to Carl Pettersson for his extraordinary win at the RBC Canadian Open, carding a 14-under score to capture the title.
Here are other News and Notes, in case you missed it:
Kananaskis Country’s Bob Paley was awarded Club Professional of the Year by SCOREGolf at their annual award ceremony this week, celebrating the best in Canadian golf.
What makes a great club professional? Words like passionate, generous, creative and caring are words that come to mind from Kananaskis’ General Manager Darren Robinson. “He has a special gift when it comes to dealing with people and making them feel extremely good about themselves and what they are trying to accomplish.”
It’s another reason why the Canadian Rockies are incomparable.
Metro Newspapers’ Ron Varrial visited the area recently, telling readers in New York, Philadelphia and Boston, “Working your way through the region is like playing a who’s who of Canadian golf.” To see his complete story, click here.
The Banff Crag and Canyon took time to capture the unique spirit of Canmore Golf and Curling Club in a recent article “The cooperation/energy that grew from those hard working people and their dedication to golf, lives today in this beautiful eighteen hole course and the local people that carry this proud heritage.” For more, click here
Links Magazine features both The Fairmont Banff Springs and The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge in its “Top 20 Canadian Golf Resorts” list, posted online this week. For the complete listing, click here.
- Canadian Golf Hall of Famer and 12-time Tour champion David Barr visited Kananaskis Country Golf Course this Sunday – an old stomping ground during his Tour years. Kent Gilchrist of The Province captured his recent moment in time – click here to see the story.
- Silvertip welcomes new Head Golf Professional Travis Mann this month. A native of Nelson, BC, Travis graduated from Lethsbridge’s Professional Golf Management program and comes to Silvertip from Granite Point Golf Club, where he’s served since 2004.
- The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge will open its new Spa this fall, with features inspired by its surrounding rivers, woods, mountains and waterfalls. The 10,000 sq. ft. facility will include 10 treatment rooms and a large great room for relaxing between services.
- Don’t forget that July 31st is the last day golfers can sign up for ECCO Vacation of a Lifetime in the Canadian Rockies sweepstakes. The trip includes a six-night/six-round golf trip for two people. Go to eccousa.com/wintrip to sign up now!
- Kudos to Silvertip’s Rustica Steakhouse, which will celebrate its one-year birthday with a recent award: Wine Spectator’s Award of Excellence. The restaurant offers three-course meals starting at $40 this summer.
- The Canadian Rockies Golf Consortia has started an online blog, to keep our fans and followers updated on the latest news. Bookmark this link now! https://canadianrockiesgolf.ca/recent-news/
Special Offers/Upcoming Events:
Gal-pal golfers will love The Fairmont Banff Springs’ Girls Just Wanna Golf Weekend July 30-August 1. The trip includes golf, lessons, a special trunk/fashion show, spa time and dining, starting at $489 per gal. Click here for complete details.
Stewart Creek’s Summer Special continues with its Monday-Thursday morning rate of $109 +gst for a round, cart and breakfast sandwich. Trade the snack after 2 pm for an after-round cocktail for $119 +gst. See stewartcreekgolf.com for more.
Silvertip’s Summer Pass is still the hot ticket in town, offering unlimited golf, cart with color GPS and practice facility access on the sunny side of the mountains all season long, for $2500. How many rounds can you play? See here for other cardholder benefits.
The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge wants to enjoy the great outdoors this summer with its 99 Ways to Play package now through October 7, which includes accommodations plus a $99 play credit that can be applied to a number of onsite activities, including a round at The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge Golf Club. Rates start at $299 per person, per night. Click here for more details.
Are you following us on Twitter? See http://twitter.com/CanRockies or go to www.canadianrockiesgolf.ca for regular specials and news for all six courses and related resorts.
Website visitors can view stay-and-play packages or request custom quotes for trips and packages, or call 877.323.3633 for more information.