If you want to play a round of mountain golf amidst the towering Canadian Rockies in 2010, acting now is key.
So say the locals, who love this time of year for afternoon rounds as the golf season comes to a close. With the Canadian dollar nearly on par with its American counterpart and air service from the West starting under $300, there’s still budget and time for golf, hiking and warm dinners fireside at day’s end. Many of the courses are now offering rounds under $100.
End-season rates for the Canadian Rockies Golf destination are now available until early October at most courses. All rates below are in Canadian dollars; these and other specials can be found at https://canadianrockiesgolf.ca/.
- The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, voted No. 1 Golf Resort in Canada by SCOREGolf Magazine raters, will offer its $99 resort credit towards your golf rate until October 7 when you book their 99 Ways to Play Package. Overnight rates start at $299 and include a $99 resort credit to use towards golf, spa, dining or activities. http://www.fairmont.com/jasper/HotelPackages/SpecialOffer/99WaystoPlay.htm
- Golfers can play Kananaskis Country Golf Course under $100 at its Mt. Kidd or Mt. Lorette designs through the rest of the season for $91, including shared cart. Alberta residents can enjoy hometown celebration privileges for $70 per round. Click here for more: http://www.kananaskisgolf.com/greenfees.html
- At Silvertip Golf Resort, hockey fans will enjoy its September 22 golf event with NHL goaltender Kelly Hrudey. For more information, click here: http://rockiesresortnews.ca// Silvertip also offers its golf and dine package starting at $140 for a round and dinner at local favorite Stoney’s Bar and Grille in Canmore.
- The Fairmont Banff Springs will give guests a $125 resort credit to use towards golf for its Celebrate Banff package, in honor of the park’s 125th anniversary. Rates start at $299 and include accommodations and room credit that can be used towards golf, now through September 30. http://www.fairmont.com/banffsprings/HotelPackages/Celebration/thelocalsknow.htm
- Canmore Golf & Curling Club wants you to bring the family to play a round together. At just over 6,300 yards from the back tees, this layout makes for a fun day, with rates at $70 per adult and juniors at $40 per round that won’t break the bank. See http://www.canmoregolf.net/ for more.
- If you’re golfing on Sunday – Stewart Creek Golf and Country Club is the course to play. Play after 2 pm and enjoy a $150 rate for its Sunday Afternoon Special – a savings of $45 over normal weekend rates. See http://www.stewartcreekgolf.com/golf/fees/
Multi-day stay-and-play packages are available at https://canadianrockiesgolf.ca/, and can be found regularly on the destination’s twitter feed at http://twitter.com/canrockies.
Website visitors can view stay-and-play packages or request custom quotes for trips and packages or they may call 877.323.3633 for more information.