On October 10 – right before the Thanksgiving weekend – the Canadian Rockies golf season will come to a close.
That means there is one week left to enjoy the last bit of fall color, crisp, sunny days and an afternoon round. In addition, many courses are offering pro-shop sales that are perfect for early holiday gift giving.
See below for news and notes related to the Canadian Rockies Golf destination.
Canmore Golf & Curling Club Receives Grant
Canmore Golf & Curling Club has received a $100,000 grant for golf course improvements as part of the Community Facility Enhancement Program. The project has begun with development of a fourth set of tees on holes 3, 11, 14 and 17.
The course was also notified recently that it will be the site of the 2011 Alberta Ladies Amateur Championship, to be held in mid-July.
Season End Rates, Pro Shop Specials
Many golf courses in Alberta will close for the season October 10, right before Thanksgiving. Golfers looking for one last round can see canadianrockiesgolf.ca for a list of last minute deals (listed in Canadian Dollars), including:
• Stewart Creek will offer a $109 rate through October 10, which includes a sleeve of Titleist Pro V1s. All golfers will be entered to win Golf for a Year for play throughout 2011. The drawing will take place October 10.
• Pro Shop apparel is now 50% off at Canmore Golf & Country Club’s pro shop – perfect for early holiday gift giving. Stewart Creek’s pro shop is also offering substantial discounts on apparel and equipment through this week.
• Kananaskis Golf Course offers one of the best values in the region, with $90 greens fee rates through the end of the season on both Mt. Kidd and Mt. Lorette.
• The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge is offering their Tee for Free Packages starting at $299 per person per night, including overnight accommodations and greens fees. Two-night minimums apply.
• Silvertip Resort’s end of season greens fee rate is now $125 per person. Includes use of a shared power cart and all practice facilities.
• The Fairmont Banff Springs has closed its courses for the season, but welcomes guests to its International Festival of Wine and Food, October 29-31. The two night package starts at $1,458 per person.
Support the Canadian Rockies golf courses by purchasing gift cards and certificates for the holidays, or see https://canadianrockiesgolf.ca for unique stay and play packages that are perfect for stocking stuffer surprises.