The Canadian Rockies Golf Destination is the best in the country.
We may be boasting, but SCOREGolf’s biennial rankings certainly back our claim that no other golf collection in Canada produces better quality golf vacations than we do – and at a great value. See canadianrockiesgolf.ca any time for our latest updates and spectacular stay and play packages.
See below for recent news.
– SCOREGolf Magazine’s biennial Best of the Best Awards were released this month, with several Canadian Rockies members on the list:
– Best Golf Resorts: The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge (1st place), The Fairmont Banff Springs (2nd).
– Top 100 Golf Courses: The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge Golf Course (4); The Fairmont Banff Springs Golf Course (5); Kananaskis Country Golf Course – Mt. Kidd (30); Stewart Creek Golf & Country Club (32); Kananaskis Country Golf Course – Mt. Lorette (47)
– Best Classic Courses: The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge Golf Course (3); The Fairmont Banff Springs Golf Course (4)
– Best Public $100 or Less: Kananaskis Country Mt. Kidd (3); Kananaskis Country Mt. Lorette (8)
• Congratulations to our two winners who entered our ECCO/Canadian Rockies Sweepstakes! The winners will travel to the destination in late September, amidst glorious fall color, as they enjoy a six-night stay and golf at Canmore Golf and Curling Club, The Fairmont Banff Springs; Stewart Creek Golf & Country Club, The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge and Silverip Golf Resort.
• Congratulations also to Canmore Golf & Curling Club Men’s Club Champion Chris Cooke, who became the pride of the community for scoring an incredible 142 to win the annual event. Cooke also competed in the Canadian Men’s Amateur Championship earlier this month. See below for information on their upcoming Senior Open, which is open to the public.
• The Canadian Rockies were featured recently on AskMen.com’s Top 10 List of Golf Heavens. To see the complete list, click here: http://www.askmen.com/top_10/sports/top-10-multi-course-golf-heavens_10.html
Upcoming Events and Special Offers:
• Kananaskis Country Golf Course invites you to play under $100 at its Mt. Kidd or Mt. Lorette designs now through the rest of the season for $91, which includes a shared cart. Alberta residents can enjoy hometown celebration privileges for $70 per round. Click here for more: http://www.kananaskisgolf.com/greenfees.html
• Silvertip Golf Resort invites you to participate in its “Be a Hero, Golf with a Hero” charity event September 15, where players can enjoy a round with a staff member of the local fire department or police department to benefit local children’s programs. Hockey fans will also enjoy its September 22 golf event with NHL goaltender Kelly Hrudey. For more information, click here: http://rockiesresortnews.ca/
• Canmore Golf & Curling Club will host its last open event, the Senior Open, on September 9. Deadline for entries is next Friday, September 3 for those who wish to play in the ladies (ages 50 and above) and men’s (55 and above) divisions. Entry fee is $80 and includes golf, range balls and dinner. Click here to see more information: http://www.canmoregolf.net
• Exclusive Short Time Offer: Next week, August 30 – September 6, Stewart Creek Golf and Country Club will offer a special $129 greens fee rate (+ gst) after 1 pm. The special rate includes cart, green fee, and use of practice facility, as well as a sleeve of Titleist Dt Solo golf balls.
• The Fairmont Banff Springs wants you to celebrate Banff National Park’s 125th Anniversary before the year is through with its special Celebrate Banff package, which includes accommodations and a $125 resort credit which can be used towards golf, dining, spa or other activities. Rates start at $299 through September 30. Click here for more information. http://www.fairmont.com/banffsprings/HotelPackages/Celebration/thelocalsknow.htm
• There is still plenty summer left to play in The Canadian Rockies! Until October 7, 2010, take advantage of 99 Ways To Play at The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge and explore all that Jasper National Park has to offer. For each night stayed you will receive a $99 credit that can be used towards anything you can charge to your room, including golf at Canada’s #1 Golf Resort ( rated by ScoreGolf), to whitewater rafting, wild life safaris, spa, dining, kids camp and recreation rentals, just to name a few. Rates begin at $299CAD per night based on double occupancy in a Fairmont room. Click here for more: http://www.fairmont.com/jasper/HotelPackages/SpecialOffer/99WaystoPlay.htm
Are you following us on Twitter? See http://twitter.com/CanRockies or go to www.canadianrockiesgolf.ca for regular specials and news for all six courses and related resorts.
Website visitors can view stay-and-play packages or request custom quotes for trips and packages, or call 877.323.3633 for more information.