It’s hard to believe that winter will ever end in the Canadian Rockies, as skiiers take to the slopes and enjoy the fresh layer of powder throughout the region. We love the beauty of winter in Alberta.
But we think a few of you might be wishing for spring – warmer weather, and golf season.
There’s news to share, as you’ll see below. Tee times are already being releaesd, and plans are being made.
We want you to be a part of the 2011 action.
See below for more.
• CanadianRockiesGolf.ca will offer the Heritage Classic and the Canadian Rockies Invitational Packages for the 2011 season. Five day/four-round packages with golf and accommodations start at $1199 per golfer, with play at The Fairmont Banff Springs, Kananaskis Country, and Silvertip or Stewart Creek golf courses. See https://canadianrockiesgolf.ca/u/packages.phtml for play beginning June 1.
• Canmore Golf & Curling Club will open its tee sheet for 2011 bookings next Tuesday, March 1. The course is a must-see this year, as the club unveils its new second hole and course upgrades, as well as clubhouse renovations. Rates start at $114 including shared cart and a $12 food credit. Call 403-678-4785 for more information. Canmore anticipates an April 22 opening.
• The Fairmont Banff Springs, celebrating 100 Years of Organized Golf in Banff this year, is now offering its “Golf for Free” package, which includes a round on the Stanley Thompson 18 and an overnight stay starting at $299 per person per night. See http://www.fairmont.com/banffsprings/HotelPackages/Golf/golfforfreepackage.htm for more details; some restrictions apply.
• The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge wants you to experience its newest amenity with the Golf and Spa Package, a tremendous value. Starting at $449 per person per night, the package includes overnight accommodations, two round of golf per room, and a $200 spa credit per room (we suggest the Golf Massage), and breakfast. Click here http://www.fairmont.com/jasper/HotelPackages/Golf/JasperGolfandSpaPackage.htm for more information.
• Kananaskis Country Golf Course releases its early tee times this week online only, for play starting May 6. Call-in tee times can be made next Monday, February 28 by calling 877-591-2525. Rounds start at $78 online.
• Silvertip Resort is currently offering early season rounds (May 19-25) for $125 for those who want to hit the links early. Pre-paid rounds for the rest of the season are currently being offered at $145 without restrictions. Click here for details and information.
• Stewart Creek will offer Monday-Friday morning rates this season, starting at $109 and twilight rates starting at $89 per person per round. See http://www.stewartcreekgolf.com/golf/fees/ for complete rates and information.
Need some help choosing which course is best for your trip? Look at our course descriptions by clicking on the icons here: https://canadianrockiesgolf.ca/golfcourses.html
Record your Alberta Goosebump moment! Click here to start.